Unlimited Game Rentals Delivered - Free Trial

Friday, February 9, 2007

Lost Planet and Dead Rising made Capcom a little nervous!

"...management initially was very much against developing the games. Actually for a while there we were practically on the verge of having the projects cancelled. But I knew that Capcom just had to follow through with these titles, that the company needed them. So over the course of several months, I did my best to convince the decision-makers that these games have what it takes to succeed, to be hits and make money for the company. There was a time when I considered giving up on these two games, but I'm really glad I stuck with them and convinced management to let us make the games.
But looking at it from management's perspective, this is the (Xbox) 360 we're talking about, in Japan. So there's that. Plus, being next-gen means development's not going to be cheap by any means. It's a very big investment for a company. So I guess it's only natural that they would be apprehensive about okaying the games, both Lost Planet and Dead Rising. But as a game creator, if you can't convince them to take those kinds of risks, you'll never be able to make any good games."


From 1UP.com

No comments: