Unlimited Game Rentals Delivered - Free Trial

Monday, May 14, 2007

Miyamoto VS Bungie round 1!

You may remember last week when Shigeru Miyamoto said that he could make Halo but he chooses not to:

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play."

Well, I didn't think this would happen but Bungie's own Frank O Conner actually responded to Miyamoto's comment in a interview with Joystiq:

"Yeah, well. I just want to go on the record and say that Bungie is hard at work on a side-scrolling platform game featuring some plumbers -- I'm not going to say what their ethnicity is, it's none of anyone's business -- but we took that as a gauntlet, a sort of glove slap, and we're going to respond in 2D scrolling style. That's all I'm saying."

Miyamoto isn't known for stirring things up like this, he is a quiet guy that everyone seems to like.

No comments: