Unlimited Game Rentals Delivered - Free Trial

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Major Nelson talks to Joystiq about the latest DLC for Guitar Hero II!

Yesterday, the boys over at Joystiq were able to to sit down with XBOX LIVE's Larry Hyrb, AKA Major Nelson.  He was asked if he was expecting the backlash that came from the pricing over the new Guitar Hero II content.

When you were putting up the story at 2AM, were you expecting such a negative response from fans?

Major Nelson:
Well, I found out about it late last night, before I posted it. I looked at it and said "okay." But you have to remember, I used to work in the broadcasting industry and in music for a long time and I know that content is not linear. It's not like you go to iTunes, and you're buying the same thing. There's testing that's involved, and there's also licensing involved. There's a lot of elements involved. When there's music involved, that brings up a lot of licensing issues. [pointing at camera] Kids, if you want to make a lot of money, write music. Write the hits, I should say ... It's roughly about $2 a song that you can play over and over. You can't get interactivity with a song on iTunes, and I don't want to defend it: it is what it is.

Click here to read the rest!

No comments: