Unlimited Game Rentals Delivered - Free Trial

Friday, May 11, 2007

My Forza 2 demo impressions!

Right off the bat I am going to say that this is the most realistic racing sim I have ever played.  There is no bullshit too be found here folks, if you are looking to do 150 mph through the turns you will have to go elsewhere for your Need for Speed and Burnout fix.

After I downloaded the demo, I hooked up my Force Feedback wheel and fired up the demo.  Before I started the race, I wanted to make sure that all traction and braking assist was turned off because I wanted to feel the car, the only assist I left was brake lines on the track because I wanted a few laps to feel it out first. 

Right off the bat, the first thing that jumped out at me was how the car feels in the turns.  Forza 2 is the first racing game that has the sensation of taking your car to the edge, lap after lap I drove the car deeper into the turn before I would crack the throttle and the deeper I drove it the more I actually felt the car get closer and closer to spinning out.  Part of that sensation is how well the wheel is incorporated into this game, it is absolutely phenomenal.  Now I must say that the harder you drive into the turn only hurts your speed when exiting the turn so remember kiddies, sometimes you have to drive slower to go faster and in case you don't understand that, than stick to your shitty Need for Speed games.

Overall this game impressed me, from the physics to the graphics this thing just plain screams "simulator".  I paid a lot of attention to the way the cars feel because everyone else keeps talking graphics and not the way this baby drives.  I also noticed that the cars even have the brake bias set properly and if you don't know what that is let me explain.  A lot of race cars have a Brake bias knob that lets the driver adjust for more rear or front break which in turn alleviates some handling issues the driver might have, whether the car is tight or loose, the driver can adjust for more front brake.  Now I am not sure if you will be able to adjust this in the retail game or not but I noticed it in the replay's.  If you pay attention, you will notice that the front brakes would glow before the rear brakes which helps the car when entering the corner but you will have to select the R2 cars I believe too notice this.

So there you have it folks, for the people who understand race cars and or have driven one will understand my impressions of the game.  If you only play Need for Speed and are 17 years old with a 94 CIVIC with a shitty exhaust and a K&N air filter that thinks adds usable HP to your existing 105 and have never driven a real race care, than this wasn't for you.

No comments: